Top

Galdana Ventures closes its first fund of funds with €250 M

6 June, 2017

The venture capital fund of funds, Galdana Ventures I F.C.R. already has investment commitments worth €100 million

 

GALDANA VENTURES, has closed its first fund -Galdana Ventures I F.C.R.- which has been oversubscribed with €250 million. The fund includes contributions from institutional investors, family offices, some of the best and most successful entrepreneurs in the Spanish technology sector, as well as GALDANA VENTURES’ managers.

 

During the fundraising process, GALDANA VENTURES’ management team has signed investment agreements close to €100 million.  The managers have already obtained commitments in twelve underlying funds in the primary market and there are other investment opportunities in an advanced analysis stage in the pipeline.

 

This new fund of funds mainly invests in the primary market, in a selection of global venture capital funds and managers specialized in young technology companies (including software, e-commerce, or mobile solutions).  The fund has an interesting investment pipeline with very good opportunities, therefore the management team expects to finish the investment process within three years, ending it by Summer 2018.  Geographically, the fund invests mainly (75%) on an equal basis between USA and Europe and the remaining 25% in Asia.

 

Marcel Rafart, Chairman at GALDANA VENTURES states that the success in the firm first fund of funds has been driven by the fact that “we have come to the market with a unique product and the right team.  I am sure that our alliance with Altamar Capital Partners for this project along with Galdana’s managers have been the perfect combination to obtain the investors’ confidence by offering safety to guarantee their investments”.

 

Claudio Aguirre, Chairman and Founding Partner at ALTAMAR CAPITAL PARTNERS said “Having finished the fundraising process of Galdana Ventures, our first venture capital specialized fund of funds, is a clear symptom that the market in general, and our investors in particular, are willing to participate in the digital revolution we are currently experiencing through our very careful selection of the best international venture capital funds”.

 

GALDANA VENTURES offers investing in assets that, on one hand have a limited correlation with the stock markets and, on the other, offer attractive and consolidated returns.

 

About Galdana Ventures

 

GALDANA VENTURES is the first fund of funds specialized in global venture capital that enables institutional and private investors in Spain and Latin America to access the top venture capital funds.  GALDANA VENTURES is the result of an alliance between a group of venture capital professionals with more than 40 years’ experience and the fund of fund manager ALTAMAR CAPITAL PARTNERS, specialized in private equity and real estate with more than €3.0 Bn of assets under management.

 

Galdana Ventures I F.C.R. is their first fund of funds and it was launched in August, 2015. It mainly invests in the best funds and international venture capital managers, in the primary market, and eventually in deals in the secondary market as well as co-investments. Investors in the fund include institutional investors, family offices, a fine selection of the best entrepreneurs in the Spanish tech sector and GALDANA VENTURES’ management team.